Sunday, August 2, 2009

We're Going to China Folks!!!

So sorry I have not updated lately, but up until Thursday evening there really was nothing to update about. We have been out of town so much lately it is hard to know if we are coming or going, and the good news is that on this last trip (which we returned from today) in San Antonio, Texas, while sitting beside The Alamo in our car around 9 pm, our adoption agency calls and tells us we have received permission from China to enter their country for adoption. Such an important step, and now the ball is rolling and I mean FAST! ( I will not even go into detail about the fact that as I was receiving the phone call I have waited months for, fire trucks and police cars surrounded our car and The Alamo, turns out The Alamo had caught on fire- no joke. My parents and brother really got a kick out of that because the Alamo has been a source of jokes "on me" for many years, ok so I thought the Alamo was a shopping mall when I was in high school, but that gives them no reason to pick on me for years. In fact I have reminded them it was their job to teach me, and if you admit it, "The Alamo" really could sound like a fantastic mall. Oh well now the next half of my life will be filled with "The Alamo stood all these years until Tammy and her family visit." My family has already started this line of laughs,,,,) Back to the adoption... we have been told that if all goes according to plan, we should plan to be in China on August the 23rd and we will be united with Breanne on the 24th wooo-hoooo!!!! Please pray for us that we will continue to have the favor of the Lord because we will need it to meet this deadline. We have had some paper work surprises that could be bad news, but we are meeting them head on and those who are helping us are being very aggressive and for them we are sooooo grateful!!!!! Finishing this adoption will take a village, and to all of you who have helped, especially while we were out of town and our hands were tied, we truly thank you. I am walking in peace, I asked the Lord for it and He has given it to me, so pray for us as we continue to let Him move the mountains while we stand in awe of His work, may we always testify to His mighty hand in our lives and the life of Breanne Virginia-Li Jones. Stay tuned, things may be a little more exciting around her in the days and weeks to come.
God Bless ,
Tammy (an adopted daughter of the King)

5 comments:

  1. How exciting! Can not wait to follow your journey. If you see my little girl give her a big hug & tell her we are coming soon. "The Alamo" sounds like a great mall name!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Wish I were going with you but I'll root you on from here. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to read about your family and the exciting journey to China to bring your little girl home. We love your family very much and wish we lived closer to get to see you. I am very proud of you and the wonderful Christian home that you have. We will be praying for your health and safety on the trip. Love, Charlotte Brady, Laurel, MS charlottesbrady@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! Yippee!! I love y'all! Be safe! Can't wait! Praying for yall!

    Courtlyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait! Have a safe trip!

    Love,
    Mackenzie =)

    ReplyDelete

Day Seven...I Saw What I Saw

Day Five...When The Saints

Day Four...Bring Me Hope

Day Three...The Circle Game

Day Three...Third Day on the third day... Merry Christmas

Day Two...All I Really Want

One day till we're outa here!!! Boogie Shoes...TURN IT UP!!