Saturday, August 22, 2009

Made it to China!!!!

Hey friends,

We have made it safely to China. It was a very long but nice trip. The Father has shown us much favor thus far and we give the credit to him. Our arrival time at our hotel was around 7:00 am, so it was breakfast time. That is one of my favorite times at this hotel because it is the time that all the adopting families eat at the breakfast bar, and so I got to see so many happy families with their new children. Upon seeing a western family with an Asian baby, I would just break into tears of joy. Mike was trying to help me compose myself. I pray I never stop being amazed at the hand of love that is displayed in adoption. Tomorrow WE will be one of the families walking around with our blessing. Pray for our little girl that she will feel safe with us, not scared, that she will feel the love we want to give her. Many tears will be shed tomorrow as her care givers will give her away and she will loose a big part of her life. Even though it is the best for her, it doesn't make it any easier for all involved. I have been a foster mother only once, and I had the baby for one week. When the baby went to her new family, I thought I had lost a part of my heart, I grew to love her in that short amount of time. I can not imagine what Breanne's foster mother and orphanage workers must go through all the time. You might think they get hard toward it after awhile, but their tears prove otherwise. So please pray for these special women who love orphans until their forever families can come get them.The pictures are of us on the Chinese airline. Everyone should come to China just so they can experience the amazing treatment customers receive on China Southern airlines. You will never get this kind of treatment in the states.....it is A+
Thanks to all of our praying and supporting friends, we love you and can feel your prayers here. Oh and one interesting piece of info....When we arrived at our hotel our bags had to be searched. This is not the usual custom for this hotel. As we were checking in, the front desk worker apologized for the bag search, but explained that the hotel is under high security for a few days because the president of Pakistan is arriving to stay here today for about four days. Yes you read that right, the PRESIDENT OF PAKISTAN! So add "World Peace" to your prayers.

Love from China,
Mike and Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Who-hoo! I'm so excited for you guys. Can not wait to see the next pictures!!! Praying for you guys & for world peace. Kinda scary they searched your bags but really cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike and Tammy,
    Oh dear Lord, thank you!! This day is finally here!! I'm just weeping this morning over the goodness of God to Breanne and the entire Jones Family! I love you both and we are lifting you up in prayer.
    Amber and Family

    ReplyDelete

Day Seven...I Saw What I Saw

Day Five...When The Saints

Day Four...Bring Me Hope

Day Three...The Circle Game

Day Three...Third Day on the third day... Merry Christmas

Day Two...All I Really Want

One day till we're outa here!!! Boogie Shoes...TURN IT UP!!