Thursday, August 13, 2009

EIGHT~~~~~

Eight more days and we are off...Lord willing ( I say that because I must remember He is the giver of each and everyday, we make our plans but He alone grants them).. With that said, Mike and I are planning to leave in Eight days. My thoughts for today led me to the song "True Colors". For some reason I have absolutely loved that song since the 80's. It is such a simple song but reflects what we, as people, all want, and that is to be loved for who we are, our true selves. Mike has recently said something that touched me, and that was that the main thing he is looking forward to is getting Breanne and putting a real smile in her heart and on her face. Most of her pictures have the typical, "mild to no expression" that is found in most referral pictures. Although Breanne's pictures have more expression than many I have seen ( including Brooklyn's), there is something missing, and it seems to be authentic happiness. So, as her family, we are looking forward to helping her discover herself, her unique gifts and talents, and God given personality AKA her "True Colors".... No matter what unique color of the soul she presents, we are going to love her. I recently took a counseling class for children, and the thing that stood out most to me, and I will never forget, was the opening statement of the class, and it went like this.....
"Every Child deserves at least one person who's crazy about him/her"-Fran Scott

Blessings,
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Seven...I Saw What I Saw

Day Five...When The Saints

Day Four...Bring Me Hope

Day Three...The Circle Game

Day Three...Third Day on the third day... Merry Christmas

Day Two...All I Really Want

One day till we're outa here!!! Boogie Shoes...TURN IT UP!!