Friday, August 28, 2009

Day Five

-sent 8:41 pm China time/7:41 am CST
We have had a very productive day and we are exhausted. This will be a short post, but in a nutshell, we met with our guide and did about an hour's worth of paper work. Then we headed back to the medical clinic where Breanne was previously tested for TB on Wed. Today's visit was to see how her skin reacted to the test. Thankfully her skin test was negative, another provision of the Father. We won't even go into all the red tape that has to happen in the worse case scenario if your child tests positive.

After the test, our guide took us and another family to a huge mall type shopping center. The experience was amazing yet overwhelming. I will include a few pictures but I don't think they will do the sea of faces justice. I have never seen so many people. We bought Breanne her set of pearls for her future wedding day, just like we have done for Baylee and Brooklyn on our first trip here. Our agency treated us to a traditional meal tonight and it was very nice and tasty. We enjoyed good food, good company and we soaked in the heritage of our daughter. Interestingly, our guide was able to tell us that Breanne speaks Cantonese, which she says is unusual for children from her orphanage, they usually speak Mandarin. This tells us that she has spent most of her time with a Cantonese speaking family, just another piece of her little puzzle...

Blessings,
Tammy

3 comments:

  1. THANK GOODNESS the TB was negative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the TB test was negative. (I'm sure you already know this but Harper was able to come home sometime this week.) The mall looks very packed! That is a lot of people!! Loving the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! You know what I did this morning? I posted that comment above when I was still logged in to your blog. So, no, you did not leave a comment on your own blog. It was me. HA!

    ReplyDelete

Day Seven...I Saw What I Saw

Day Five...When The Saints

Day Four...Bring Me Hope

Day Three...The Circle Game

Day Three...Third Day on the third day... Merry Christmas

Day Two...All I Really Want

One day till we're outa here!!! Boogie Shoes...TURN IT UP!!