Saturday, October 3, 2009

One Month Update

Hi friends, this blog is an update as we have been home exactly one month today!!! Sorry I have not been able to post until now, life has been VERY busy but wonderful. There have been many new normals that we are adjusting to, and the first few weeks of jet lag did not help our adjustments. It is with sheer joy that I am able to say we are finally back in the land of the living and actually functioning well. It has taken almost one complete month to say that. As far as Breanne is concerned, we could not have been given a more amazing gift. Those of you that are closest to me know that it was with fear and trembling that I went to China to adopt a toddler. I have heard horror stories of the adjustments and bonding issues that may exist when adopting an almost three year old or older. Can I tell you, we have had none of these experiences. In fact, our family has not laughed as much in years as we have since our little Breanne joined us. She is full of love and personality and she brings a smile to everyone she meets. We are busier than ever, just making sure she doesn't swallow the staples she puts in her mouth, and homeschooling takes a bit more effort and patience, but we would not trade it for peace and quiet and a clean house for ANYTHING in this world!!!!! Some things are just worth the mess and chaos, and kiddos are one of them. Just this week in the news, there have been some horrifying accounts of the lack of respect for the life of children, I have literally cried and felt sick at my stomach. My prayer is that the people of God will show this world, by the simple way we love our blessings, aka children, that "They are precious in His sight", so they must be precious in ours. Are they hard work, yes, but the rewards are eternal. If anyone that reads this blog would like to talk with me on how you can multiply your blessings through adoption, I would be more than happy to talk with you. I will be posting pictures all throughout the day of our first month home, some special memories and some of the many precious expressions of our little Breanne. Thank you Father, we have been blessed.
Blessings,
Tammy (mom to five amazing little people!!!!)

3 comments:

  1. Happy 1 month home!!!! So happy that the transition has been so smooth and that life is so good!!! Can't wait to see all the new pics! Breanne is a little beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breanne is a little cutie! I can not believe you guys have been home one month already. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad things are going well for you.

    ReplyDelete

Day Seven...I Saw What I Saw

Day Five...When The Saints

Day Four...Bring Me Hope

Day Three...The Circle Game

Day Three...Third Day on the third day... Merry Christmas

Day Two...All I Really Want

One day till we're outa here!!! Boogie Shoes...TURN IT UP!!